A lot happens during this time of year (maybe not Florida), but the leaves start changing, days get colder, the breeze starts to pick up, and — football. I enjoy football, but the parties are why I watch them.
Friends screaming at the fumble when the opposing team makes a touchdown causing my Uncle Bill to knock over the cheese dip, while jumping up from the couch in a rage- never gets old. But, what I love the most is my Dad’s burgers! Being known as the, “health-nut” in my family I always seem to come up with alternatives for the staple foods and this time it was no different. Here is a recipe I have used for my burgers. Along with the recipe you will find that I had written in alternatives that can be used.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|10 mins||15 mins||25 mins|
- 8 – 10 oz ground organic, lean (93%) beef or (98%) turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 thick slices of zucchini (eggplant, summer squash, sweet potatoes, GF Whole wheat bread)
- Olive oil spray
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toppings: put whatever your heart desires. For cheese, Dayia is dairy free/ raw cheese.
- Large bowl, combine the turkey meat, oregano and garlic cloves, and mix with your hands until fully combined. Making 2 patties- set aside.
- Heat a grill pan (or outdoor grill) to medium high heat.
- Spray the zucchini on both sides (olive oil)
- Sprinkling salt and pepper- to liking
- Add the zucchini to the grill pan, cooking 2 – 3 minutes/side until nice grill marks and zucchini still holds its shape.
- Add beef/turkey burgers to the grill, cooking 3 – 5 minutes/ side, until cooked.
** Recipe is (altered to be): Gluten/ Dairy/ Egg/ Soy/ Nut- free **
by Sarah Boroski
Foam Roll for 5 mins
90/90 x 60secs
Bretzel x 45 secs each side
Point & Shoot
Option 1) Every 2 Mins for 10 Mins
3 DL @ 80%
Option 2) 10 Min EMOM
Min 1) 6 KB DL
Min 2) 30s Plank
Option 1) 3 Rounds – 4 min on/2 min off
3 Hang Power Cleans @ 50%
3 Back Rack Lunges each side
Option 2) 4 Mins on/2 mins off
4 Hang DB Power Cleans
6 Push Press
8 DB Front Rack Walking Lunges (Total)