Have you ever met someone who does not like tacos? I do not think I ever have. Tacos never fail to make your taste buds go crazy! Loaded with savory meat, crunchy lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and a sharp kick of cheese- you can never go wrong! One thing I love about Tacos is that if you want- you can make any meal! I have seen: hamburger tacos, mac-n-cheese tacos, veggie tacos, (chocolate tacos…)- you name it!
Servings are very important! Especially if you want to lose weight, balance and portion control are key. The tricky part is, is that everyone’s needs are different. Typically, an average person would want to be around:
ONE MEAL WORTH:
– 3 oz protein
– 2 tablespoon of healthy fats/ nuts (1/4 cup of a full avocado).
– 1-2 cup of vegetables (Tomatoes are not a fruit!)
Now let’s say you are going on a hike after you eat or come to the exchange to workout- you would maybe add a little more carbs so you stay fueled during the workout.
NOTE: It is healthy and good to treat yourself every once in awhile! Remember- balance is key!
(One person worth)
-1 hard shells/1/2 soft shell
1. In a blender add 1/2 banana, with 1/4 water and cinnamon
Blend until smooth, not water-y).
2. Take chocolate and melt in microwave.
3. Place the banana in the taco
4. Add the toppings of your choice on top of the banana and peanut/ walnuts.
4. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top.
5. Sprinkle a dash of salt on top of the ice cream for taste
5. Enjoy the sweetness.
(One person worth)
1-2 cup of any vegetables
(I prefer 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1 tbsn chopped fresh jalapeno, 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, and 1/4 cup mushrooms).
SEASONS FOR MEAT: (2lbs worth meat),
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tbsp salt (+ for taste)
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1/4 cup water
(one person worth)
-2 hard shells/ 1/2-1 shell
2. Once heated up, toss in: mushroom, broccoli, and tomatoes.
4. Season veggies to taste with pepper and basil
3. Once the veggies are well sautéed, throw in the spinach (since it cooks the fastest).
4. Take vegetables off the pan so they don’t over cook.
5. Add the cheese and avocado to top/ bottom of the taco.
6. Enjoy the vegetable heaven.
Foam Roll for 5 mins
90/90 x 60secs
Bretzel x 45 secs each side
2) Warm up
3×5 Tall Kneeling MB Chest Pass
Option 1 & 2)
10 @ bar
8 @ 50%
5 @ 65%
3 @ 70%
3 @ 80%
3+ @ 90%
2) Strict Press 3×8 @ 70-75%
Option 1) 5K Row
Option 2) 5 Rounds
8 Hanging Leg Raises
8 DB Cleans